All three of the words in this simple title can be made more profound by following a series of quotes from one man. He was a simple but exceptionally gifted German pastor and theologian who lived in the Germany of World War II. He was a spy and a martyr in the face of a terrible evil that had infected the entire world of the time. He was a man of determined action and it cost him his life in a Hitler death camp. He was a man to be studied, if one is pursuing true wisdom and is seeking a model for courage. He was a rare gift of God. His name was Dietrich Bonhoeffer and he is now becoming recognized as a significant voice on behalf of Spiritual integrity.
The first of his quotes is the PREMISE for these thoughts: “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves for its children.”
Over the last few generations the Congress has left America and its future generations with a nation far removed from the design and intent of its founders. One would be hard pressed to identify not only the Constitutionality of but also the moral foundation for much recent legislation.
What has the Congress, in concert with the Whitehouse, left to our children? A short list would necessarily include:
1. An overwhelming debt forced upon future generations, much of which is corrupted by unnecessary and unwanted government spending and ALL of which our children will have had no control over. In addition, this debt has international implications affecting America’s security in all arenas.
2. A separation of the Christian church, bordering on defamation, from the public square. (No display of the Ten Commandments, forbidden to use the word Christmas in public schools and elimination of Christian crosses from public facilities are examples.)
3. A Congress that has promoted a profound fear of failure and has publically promoted that fear as basis for legislation designed to remove all risk. The result has always failed and has always led to oppressive regulation.
4. A national health care program guaranteed to impose government will through the actions of unaccountable bureaucrats and that will invade their very lives including life and death decisions.
5. An obligation to support entitlement and benefit programs for noncitizens that did not pay for them.
6. A court system that legislates from the bench with impunity and practices “opinion” law in place of Constitutional law.
7. A public education system that discounts accountability, willfully promotes revisionist history and deliberately omits moral values from the curriculum.
The list is much longer. And the mantra “It’s for the children” has been exposed as a terrible lie used to support a progressive agenda.
Career politicians have not done the job of protecting America from the tyranny of government. They have indeed created the above list and are cultivating its further growth.
Bonhoeffer said, “We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice, we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.”
This Bonhoeffer quote spells out our OBLIGATION as citizens, citizen statesmen and those ready to step up and serve in the halls of Congress, especially those with a true heart driven to restore representative government and support and respect freedom under the moral code of conduct presented in our Constitution and Bill of Rights. It will be within the character of those people to reenergize the Republic designed by the authors of the Constitution.
Finally, Bonhoeffer said, “ACTION springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.”
As a result of actions by the Congress and the President, America is now seeing men and women step up to be counted on behalf freedom. Their numbers are increasing daily. America is seeing the spontaneous formation of patriotic groups. The public has grown a thirst to know our history and apply its lessons. We have every reason to expect healthy change.
Today’s patriots must encourage men and women of courage to step up and take the challenge of elected public service and support them once they are in office.
Our nation has been damaged by it House of Representatives but hope for the restoration and recovery of Constitutional standards can be readily and easily found within the GOOOH Mission Statement.
You are encouraged to examine it for yourself and then join in the battle and drive your own spoke into the wheels of injustice.